The 29th Year of the St. Francis of Assisi Parish Giving Tree has Begun!
Congratulations, all parishioners, for your overwhelming generosity over these years! For those new to our parish, here is where we send gifts:
- 1. St. Francis School, Superior Avenue
- 2. Martin de Porres Family Center, E. 123rd St. 3. Metro Catholic School, W. 54th St.
- 4. Archbishop James P. Lyke School: Elementary Grades, Harvard Avenue (former St. Henry School); Middle School, E. 131st. St. (former St. Timothy School)
- 5. Our own parish for those in need.
- 6. “Doctors on the Street”, Metro Health Medical System, W. 25th Street Interns spend weekends canvassing the area for persons who are homeless, and they distribute clothing we collect.
And because you surpassed the Giving Tree goals last year, we added one new site this year:
- Emergency Room at Metro Hospital: Sweatshirts/sweatpants for patients who need fresh clothes after treatment in the ER.
- Take ornament tags from the Giving Tree. The ornament card is a label. Affix it firmlyto the bag/box corresponding to the item(s) you purchased.
- Leave presents unwrapped.
- Place gift cards and cash in the envelope provided. Deposit in the collection basketduring Mass.
- You may bring gifts during the week. Come to the Parish Office Building with them.
All Gifts Due Sunday, December 8th